Lecturer in Philosophy at University of Essex, UK
Resident at the Forschungskolleg Humanwissenschaften:April−July 2010
Research topic at the Forschungskolleg Humanwissenschaften:»How (not) to do political philosophy: on ideal theory«
Funding of the stay:»Justitia Amplificata. Rethinking Justice − Applied and Global«
Scholarly profile of Fabian Freyenhagen
- Disputing the Political: Habermas and Rawls, co-edited with Gordon Finlayson, London: Routledge, 2011.
- The Legacy of John Rawls, co-edited with Thom Brooks, London: Continuum, 2005; paperback edition 2007.
- » Adorno’s Ethics Without the Ineffable«, Telos 115 (forthcoming Summer 2011).
- »Taking reasonable pluralism seriously: an Internal Critique of Political Liberalism«, Philosophy, Politics & Economics (forthcoming 2011).
- »Hat hier jemand gesagt, der Kaiser sei nackt? Eine Verteidigung der Geussschen Kritik an Rawls’ idealtheoretischem Ansatz’, co-authored with Jörg Schaub, Deutsche Zeitschrift für Philosophie 3: 58 (2010), pp. 457-77.
- »Personal autonomy and mental capacity«, Psychiatry 8.12 (December 2009), pp. 465-467.
- »Mental Capacity And Judgmental Autonomy: An Interdisciplinary Challenge«, co-authored with G.S. Owen, G. Richardson and M. Hotopf, Inquiry 52.1 (2009), pp. 79-107.
- »On Allison and the Timelessness of the Intelligible Self«, Kantian Review 13.2 (Autumn 2008), pp.67-84.
- »No Easy Way Out: Adorno's Negativism and the Problem of Normativity«, in: S. Giacchetti (ed.): Nostalgia for a Redeemed Future: Critical Theory, Newark, DE: University of Delaware Press 2009, pp. 39-50.
- »Moral Philosophy«, in D. Cook (ed.): Adorno – Key Concepts, London: Acumen Press, 2008, Ch. 6.
Cookies are short reports that are sent and stored on the hard drive of the user's computer through your browser when it connects to a web. Cookies can be used to collect and store user data while connected to provide you the requested services and sometimes tend not to keep. Cookies can be themselves or others.
There are several types of cookies:
- Technical cookies that facilitate user navigation and use of the various options or services offered by the web as identify the session, allow access to certain areas, facilitate orders, purchases, filling out forms, registration, security, facilitating functionalities (videos, social networks, etc..).
- Customization cookies that allow users to access services according to their preferences (language, browser, configuration, etc..).
- Analytical cookies which allow anonymous analysis of the behavior of web users and allow to measure user activity and develop navigation profiles in order to improve the websites.
So when you access our website, in compliance with Article 22 of Law 34/2002 of the Information Society Services, in the analytical cookies treatment, we have requested your consent to their use. All of this is to improve our services. We use Google Analytics to collect anonymous statistical information such as the number of visitors to our site. Cookies added by Google Analytics are governed by the privacy policies of Google Analytics. If you want you can disable cookies from Google Analytics.
However, please note that you can enable or disable cookies by following the instructions of your browser.