The Forschungskolleg Humanwissenschaften: How to find us
Am Wingertsberg 4
61348 Bad Homburg v.d. Höhe
Arrival by public transport
From Frankfurt am Main Central Station [Hauptbahnhof]:
Take train S5 (direction: Friedrichsdorf/Bad Homburg) to Bad Homburg train station. The S-train tracks are located on the lower level of Frankfurt Central Station.
Bad Homburg train station to Forschungskolleg Humanwissenschaften (15 minutes by foot):
Follow Bahnhofstraße and cross the bridge to the city centre. After the bridge, continue on Bahnhofstraße, which becomes Friedrichstraße. At the end of the street, (you should see the park and a Russian chapel), turn left and follow the Kaiser-Friedrich-Promenade. Then turn right into Kisseleffstraße (On the corner is a Chinese restaurant) and follow this street through the park. After leaving the park, cross Paul-Ehrlich-Weg and follow Am Wingertsberg, which leads up the hill. After 20 meters, you will find the Forschungskolleg on your left.
Arrival by car
At the Bad Homburg motorway interchange [Autobahnkreuz Bad Homburg], take the exit for Bad Homburg Stadtmitte [City Centre]:
- Turn right at the second traffic light into Marienbader Platz, which leads into Ferdinandstrasse
- At the end of Ferdinandstrasse turn left into Kaiser-Friedrich-Promenade
- Turn right at the first traffic light into Kisseleffstrasse and go on to Paul-Ehrlich-Weg
- Cross over Paul-Ehrlich-Weg and drive up Am Wingertsberg
- The entrance to the Institute for Advanced Studies will be found 20 meters along on the left-hand side
Parking availability at the Institute for Advanced Studies is very limited. We recommend the tennis club car park on Kisseleffstrasse (corner of Weinbergsweg) or the multi-storey Casino car park on Weinbergsweg (charges payable at both).